Family Caregivers are all unique individuals. Some people live with the person they care for 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Other caregivers provide supportive care. The individual whose care they manage may live in their own home or a facility and require assistance from family members.
These caretakers are frequently still employed and may have children at home. They are popularly known as the Sandwich Generation. Regardless of the sort of family caregiver you are, your time is likely to be limited.
Because of this, family caregivers value the “Gift of Time” the most.
According to a 2016 publication from the Institute on Aging, upwards of 75% of all caregivers are female.
For caretakers, the addition of caregiving is often the tipping point between enjoying the holiday season and teetering on the edge of insanity.
Holiday Self-Care for Family Caretakers
There are many methods that may be used to protect your mental health while preparing for the holidays. Among these methods are the following:
- Delegate tasks and activities so that no one individual takes on more than they can do on their own.
- Do not take on the burden of ensuring the happiness of the whole family during the holiday season.
- Work on your attitude day by day. Postpone feeling upset and instead demonstrate understanding and patience. This strategy should be practiced daily, not only during the Holiday season!
- Cooking, cleaning, decorating, wrapping, or purchasing gifts are all tasks you have chosen to undertake. Make an effort to enjoy these activities; this will make the holidays go more smoothly and keep your mood up.
- Begin traditions that fit best to you in your current situation. It does not have to be done in the same way every year.
- Do something as a family that you all really like.
- Make the festivities a time for you and your loved ones to enjoy yourself and build wonderful memories.
- When the season is done, sit back, relax, and be thankful
- Remind yourself how fortunate you are.
You will prevent stress by making an effort to enjoy a happy, stress-free holiday. The solution is to organize ahead of time and to seek and accept support from others.
Studies show that women are more likely than men to say that their personal stress levels rise over the Holiday season.
During this time of year, women are more inclined to take on additional responsibilities at home and on the job. So although Christmas festivities might brighten a gloomy season, the effort that goes into creating that splendor can definitely have an impact, particularly on top of the large percentage of household chores that working women coupled with men still bear.
Holiday Gifts Ideas (stress-free) for Everyone on Your List
Availability! For the most part, there isn’t an inventory limit on digital products, which means you can purchase them whenever you choose.
Most of these gifts don’t need to be shipped, so there’s no worry about mail carriers and shipping delays.
You don’t have to run around to store after store searching for that perfect gift only to discover it’s not available or you’re stuck with ideas of what to buy.
You don’t have to worry about cluttering up your home with undesired presents because you have to purchase something for the sake of it.
If you’re traveling, there’s nothing to wrap and pack.
- A better knowledge of your ancestors and family history provides insight into where you’re from and helps to deepen your feelings of identification and belonging from ancestry.com.
- Craftsy is a global craft network and internet learning platform for all types of crafters. It offers online lessons in quilting, knitting, sewing, crochet, cake decorating, art, and other topics. This link is for Craftsy Premium Membership for ONLY $2.49 (usually $79.99).
- Send an Instacart or Whole Foods gift card to a senior or caretaker so they can choose groceries, household items, and other necessities and have them delivered from their favorite local stores.
Online Security Gifts
Keep track of all your passwords in a secure manner. This keeps your accounts and information safe and helps prevent hacking.
- McAfee With all of your family’s devices, it can be difficult to safeguard them all. However, a single McAfee Total Protection subscription protects five or ten devices.
- Gift cards to their favorite store until that must-have item is back in stock. Keep track of all the unique gift cards you get and give this year with these great tips.
- CrateJoy – Cratejoy has gathered the most intriguing gifts and subscriptions from across the globe in one easy location. They have something for everyone.
- Ipsy – Ipsy is a monthly subscription service that sends users a beauty bag containing cosmetics samples. Depending on the user’s interests, the goods include skincare, fragrances, nail and skin care, and cosmetics.
- Beauty box subscription
- Shaker & Spoon –Each box is centered on a single spirit and features a variety of cocktail-making techniques. Simply follow the directions to make bar-quality cocktails for yourself and anybody else you want to impress! Each package contains all of the ingredients for 12 cocktails (excluding the alcohol).
- Audible Plus
- Digital Gallery Wall or if you must have the physical print these are absolutely Gorgeous! And from Star Seller on Etsy
Want more information on online classes? Check out this blog post.
There’s something for everyone with roughly 5.6 million places to stay and tens of thousands of activities.
Live or virtual events led by fascinating local professionals. They go beyond ordinary tours or lessons by immersing tourists in the life of a host.
- How about a message from their favorite celebrity? Cameo allows you to purchase personalized video messages and calls from celebrities, professional athletes, and reality stars. There are thousands of personalities to choose from, and the celebs set their own prices, which can range from $10 to over $1,000.
- For the concert and music lover, live stream concerts and online events at nocapshows.